If lockdown fatigue is beginning to grate on you there’s no better way to lift the spirit than create something delicious, colourful and healthy in the kitchen. So try these three simple recipe ideas at home and let us know what you thought of them. We always love hearing from you.
Cauliflower, sweetcorn and Peri Peri M-EAT! Biltong tacos
- Half a cauliflower cut into florets.
- 200 grams of canned sweetcorn
- 100 grams of Peri Peri M-EAT! Biltong.
- One onion sliced
- Juice of two lemons
- Four corn tortillas
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste.
For the tomato dressing:
- 150ml soy sauce
- 50grams fresh cherry tomatoes
- Juice of four limes
- 30ml maple syrup
- One tablespoon of crushed coriander seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh mint to garnish
Steam the cauliflower and place in a baking tray. Drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper and roast for 10 minutes. Add the sweetcorn and onion and cook for a further 10 minutes. Take out of the oven and mix in M-EAT! biltong.
To make the tomato dressing blend all the ingredients together. Gently heat the tortillas in the oven. Assemble them by adding the cauliflower and sweet corn. Top with tomato dressing and garnish with mint leaves before serving.
Biltong and potato tray bake
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large onions sliced into wedges
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 500g new potatoes halved
- 100g carrots cut lengthwise
- 120g M-EAT! Original drywors, broken into small pieces
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat the oven at 220C. Toss all the ingredients, except Drywors, in a bowl and ensure they’re all coated in olive oil. Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and toss in M-EAT! Drywors. Place the tray back in the oven for a further five to ten minutes. Remove and serve with mustard.
Cheesy spinach and biltong flatbreads
- 2 naan breads
- 100g M-EAT! biltong
- 4 teaspoons of pesto
- 6 oz. fresh mozzarella, shredded
- 200g baby spinach, wilted
- crushed red pepper flakes
Preheat the oven to 220C. Spread the pesto evenly over the naan breads. Sprinkle mozzarella, biltong, spinach and red pepper flakes. Bake for ten minutes until the cheese bubbles. Remove, slice and enjoy when cool.