Our biltong boasts a whopping 54g of protein per pack and can be added to any recipe. Combined with healthy fats and a healthy lifestyle, you’re well on your way to a healthier you. We’ve got a few recipes to help get you started. All the biltong you need is made using the best biltong recipe ever (we've got multiple Great Taste Awards to prove it)
Biltong Jalapeno Popper Nachos
The perfect movie night dish – these Biltong Jalapeno Poppers will leave you salivating for days and the best part is, they’re low-carb and protein packed, just how we like it.
· 230g ground turkey
· 1 clove garlic, minced
· 2 tablespoons chopped onion
· 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
· 1/2 tsp garlic powder
· 1/2 tsp cumin powder
· 1/4 tsp kosher salt
· 1 tbsp organic tomato paste
· 2 tbsp water
· 8 jalapeno peppers: halved, seeded & membranes removed
· 170g organic cream cheese
· 1 large spring onion, green part only, sliced
· 15g organic shredded mature cheddar cheese
· Your favourite M-EAT! Biltong, diced for garnish
· 1/2 cup organic shredded mature cheddar cheese
· Spring onion and coriander, finely chopped
· 1/2 cup salsa fresco
· 2 tbsp sliced black olives
Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with foil. Cook onion, coriander and garlic in a pan until soft. Add ground turkey, salt, garlic powder, and cumin and simmer until cooked through. Mix in tomato paste and water. Combine cream cheese, cheddar and spring onion in a bowl, then spoon 1 tsp of filling into the peppers. Arrange peppers in a single layer, cut side up. Bake until soft, about 12-15 minutes. Top with meat and cheese and bake 3 minutes until melted. Top with Biltong, salsa fresco, olives and drizzle with sour cream. Garnish with coriander and spring onion, serve immediately.
Biltong Avocado Devilled Eggs
Super quick and easy to make, this yummy protein and fat-packed snack is great when entertaining guests… or just when you’re hangry!
· 4–6 eggs
· 1 avocado
· ¼ teaspoon sea salt
· ¼ teaspoon pepper
· ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
· ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
· ¼ teaspoon cumin
· ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
· 2 tablespoons coriander, diced
· ½ bag of your M-EAT! Biltong, diced
Hard boil eggs and chill in an ice bath for 5 minutes. Remove eggs’ shell and slice in half lengthwise, removing the yolk. Add the yolk, the avocado, and spices to a bowl, mixing together until well combined. Spoon the mixture into the egg halves. Drizzle with lime juice and top with coriander and diced Biltong.
Biltong & Cream cheese Omelette
Simple and no fuss. This recipe is ready in a jiffy – perfect for those who tend to lay in after snoozing the alarm 5 times.
· 2 tablespoons butter
· 3 large eggs whisked
· Salt and black pepper to taste
· 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
· 1/2 cup sliced biltong
· 3 tablespoons cream cheese
· Chives to garnish
· Buttered onions to serve
Heat the butter in a non-stick frying pan, and add the eggs, leave it to bubble. Turn it over, season, and allow to cook through. Remove from the pan to a plate, add the cheddar cheese, biltong and cream cheese to one side. Garnish with chives and serve with buttered onions.
The Biltong Antipasto
A bowl full of summer freshness and oozing with flavour. You can’t go wrong with this one.
· 280g Romaine lettuce, chopped into pieces
· 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
· 140g (1¼ cups) fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced in small pieces
· 85g your favourite M-EAT! biltong
· 85g parma Ham
· 140g canned artichokes in water, drained and quartered
· 85g canned roasted red peppers, drained
· 30g (4 tbsp) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, strained and chopped
· 30g (31⁄3 tbsp) olives, whole and pitted, or sliced
· 1⁄3 cup (15g) fresh basil
· 1 red chilli pepper, finely chopped
· ½ tbsp sea salt
· 4 tbsp olive oil
Chop or tear the lettuce into smaller pieces. Distribute it on plates or a large platter. Add the parsley. Layer the antipasto ingredients on top. In a mortar or small bowl, add basil, finely chopped chilli, and salt. Crush with a wooden spoon or use the mortar and pestle. Sprinkle over salad and drizzle with olive oil.
A sort-of French salad… with Biltong
This salad with a slight French twist packs a right punch. Enjoy whilst sitting in the sun and taking in some rays.
· 450g green asparagus, ends trimmed
· 85g your favourite biltong
· 4 large, hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
· 2 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
· 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
· 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
· 1 tbsp sesame oil
· 1 garlic clove, minced
· 1 pinch sea salt
· 1 pinch red chilli flakes
Cut the trimmed asparagus into 1 to 2" (3-5 cm) segments. Bring a large salted pot of water to a boil. Once the water has come to a rolling boil, drop the asparagus in and boil for 3 to 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the asparagus from the boiling water and transfer to an ice bath to stop the cooking process and lock in the colour. In a small mixing bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, mustard, sesame oil, garlic, salt, and pepper flakes. Whisk to combine. Plate the asparagus in a large serving dish. Sprinkle the biltong over top and arrange the hard-boiled eggs. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve any remaining vinaigrette on the side.
Let us know if you tried any of these recipes by tagging us on social media!