We previously shared some home workouts that are available on the web and through subscriptions, but we thought we’d share our own exercises to do in the comfort of your own home.
A well-planned 10 minute workout is generally all you need to get started, get your blood pumping and your heart racing. An effective workout will incorporate exercises and movements that target your entire body and if done with the right level of intensity, you’ll burn fat, build muscle and increase endurance. Be sure to warm up by stretching your muscles and at the joints before tackling our no-fuss workout below and remember to sip water throughout.
1. Begin in a pushup position, planting your hands and toes firmly on the ground.
2. Keeping your core tight and chin tucked slightly, ensure your there is no strain on your back.
3. Engage the glute muscles so the hips don’t sag and hold for 30 seconds.
4. Repeat another 2-3 times, increasing the hold time if comfortable.
2. Side Planks
1. Lying on one side, stack the top leg and foot atop the other. Placing the bottom forearm on the ground with your elbow directly in line with your shoulder, gently lift yourself up, raising your top arm above you.
2. Tighten your core, lifting your hips and knees off the ground to form a straight line with your body and hold for a few seconds.
3. Gently lower your hips and knees to the ground again, keeping the core fully engaged.
4. Repeat for 10 reps, 3 sets, then switch sides.
1. Similar to the starting plank position, hold your core tight, shoulders should be relaxed and pushed back with no strain on the neck.
2. Bending your elbows and keeping them close to your body, lower yourself to the floor, just brushing the surface.
3. Gently push yourself back up by extending the elbows, returning to your start position.
4. Repeat 3 sets of 5 to begin with and increase this as you feel more comfortable.
1. Stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, holding your arms out in front of you
2. Keeping the back straight, gently lower yourself into a seat position, ensuring your knees do not bow inward or outward and they do not pass the front of your feet.
3. Hold for a second and ease yourself back into a standing position, still with the core fully engaged.
4. Complete 3 sets of 20
5. Glute Bridge
1. Lying on the floor, arms by your sides, bend your knees upwards and bring your feet in
2. As you push through your heels, raise your hips whilst tightening your core, glutes and hamstrings. The upper part of your body should remain in contact with the ground and form a line with your knees.
3. Hold for 1-2 seconds before returning to your starting position
4. Repeat 3 sets of 10 reps
1. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and arms by your sides.
2. Bring your hands comfortably in front of you and begin to lower your body to a squat position. Once squatted, place your hands on the ground and push your legs out behind you into a plank position.
3. Frog-jump the feet forward again, getting them as close as you can to your hands then jump up, raising your hands above your head.
4. Repeat for 10 reps, 3 sets
You know you’ve had a good workout when you’ve worked up a sweat and can feel your heart pounding. Keep sipping water to rehydrate your body and snack on a pack of M-EAT! to fill those exhausted muscles with good protein and build muscle mass